60 seconds with... Claire Palmer
1. What was your first job?
Working as a shop assistant in Fruit of the Loom – I loved it!
2. Who’s most influenced your career, and why?
My dad as I’ve always gone to him for career advice. He’s had to sit through lots of interview prep and listen to me harp on about my various jobs
3. What’s your greatest business achievement?
I got promoted from Marketing Assistant to Executive within a year at my last company without applying and then again to Manager two years later
4. What was your worst mistake – and what did you learn?
I once sent an email to a customer (that I was meant to send to our internal PR Manager) criticising a press release that they’d written. I was mortified and just bit the bullet and called the customer and grovelled. I learnt to check my emails before sending them!!
5. What gadget can’t you live without?
My iPhone – pretty dull I know
6. Which one person would you most like to have dinner with – and why?
Alan Carr as I think he would have me in stitches and you can’t beat a good chuckle
7. What’s the worst piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
I’ve not taken any notice of bad advice – it will have gone in one ear and out of the other
8. And the best?
My dad would say ‘Never eat yellow snow’ as he’s crackers but I try to follow the advice – treat people how you would like to be treated
9. Describe your perfect day off
A day out at the beach somewhere warm, followed by a nice dinner and a few drinks
10. Tell us one thing no one knows about you
I was a season ticket holder at Sheffield Wednesday for 4 years until I was 16 and started working… and I was obsessed with Chris Waddle!!
11. Simon Gore, the last 60 seconds… interviewee wants to know: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A school teacher
12. What one question would you ask the next person in SBS’ 60 seconds with… hotseat?
What’s the funniest nickname you’ve ever been given?