Coronavirus – Business continuity preparedness
In response to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Sun Branding Solutions has been reviewing its business continuity programs to ensure that we are ready and able to guarantee the continuation of our operations and care of our employees during any prolonged emergency situation.
Our infrastructure has been built and configured to ensure continuity of service by leveraging cloud-based solutions with robust back up capability, providing the ability for remote access and home working across the business. This is further supported by our multi location model with duplicated back-ups in order to provide support to each other in the event of any outages. These are all regularly monitored and are continuously being developed to improve capability and performance.
We have a multi-stage plan to deal with this and other emergency situations, including the recent Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. We actively review and adapt our processes based on emerging media, the CDC, and WHO guidance for any outbreak, and are doing the same with the current corona-virus outbreak.
The key activities we have in place for pandemic preparedness are:
- A high-level, cross-functional team, consisting of approximately eight key departments, including Human Resources, Communications, EHS, Operations, Sales and Supply Chain to implement our planned contingency measures.
- Guidelines for travel are established and implemented. All visitors to Sun Branding locations will be required to supply a completed screening questionnaire before entering.
- Contingency plans addressing the potential for a given percentage of our work force to be absent for extended periods are robust and active. These were stress tested recently as a part of our continuity preparedness, where we placed our model in a simulated emergency mode, passing all the critical measures.
- Supply chain continuity has been and is continuously evaluated.
- Weekly evaluation of available information sources to track the situation and to remain current on best practices for pandemic preparedness and response are made.
We would like to assure you of our vigilance in this matter and that Sun Branding Solutions and Sun Chemical will do their utmost to maintain our high standards of care for our colleagues.
We will keep you updated as the situation warrants.
If there are any questions regarding this business continuity preparedness, you may contact us using the information below.
Bradford, West Yorkshire BD10 9TQ